Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Unsettled

What is it that I am holding inside
I feel anxious
As life in its ocean surrounds me
My toe is barely in
I am missing out
The world is there, so close.
I want to experience it
I want to hold it
I want to feel it
I need to embrace everything it has
My bucket list is endless
And I am wasting time.

I talk about the world as if I've seen it
I dream nightly
of dancing in Uganda to the beat of drums
And surfing on the beaches of Brasil
Speaking to people in tongues unheard
Holding hands of those with colors I've not yet seen
Touching the mountains impossible to find...

I talk of things I have not seen
I wish upon words that seem so far away
When can I
Will when I
How can I
Will I ever be able to...
Finally
Live.

2 comments:

  1. Very incredible poem. I completely fell in love with it the second that I read. Speaks to soo many beauties in life. I love that it is all about the beauties in the world and the goals that want to achieve Shows that you have a lot of adventure in your life and that is an extremely attractive characteristic. I want to travel the world as well and just lose myself in all the insane things that exist. Im a Colorado girl living in RI for school and I am embarking on a year long trip to South Africa and long story short your powem gave me reassurance that next year will be the start of the biggest adventure. Very cool poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily you treated Ty like crap and pushed his buttons. Remember someday guys won't fawn over you. They won't even look at you like they do now. That will be payback.

    ReplyDelete